Friday, August 30, 2013

Gratitude 133


I was lucky to be able to spend three nights and days up in Maine in the Sebago Lake area with my friends Tori Brega and Kelley MacDonald.
Being on a tranquil lake is soothing and reflective. I love the crashing lulling waves of the ocean, this is different and equally awesome. The haunting sound of a loon on the lake at night is beautiful.
Here is Tori working on one of her many lovely paintings. She is a gifted artist in many mediums, including cooking! 

We were accompanied by Rudy the sheltie and Paco the pug.
They got along swimmingly! Paco likes to be up on chairs or laps whenever possible.

This is our view from the ice cream- penny candy store in Standish .
They have all the old time candy I haven't seen in years!

Tori snapped this of me sketching at sunset.
I will return!


I am working on finishing up the two large canvases I started up there.
I will post those soon.
Have a wonderful labor day weekend everyone!



1 comment:

Page Pearson Railsback said...

The trip looks wonderful..loved the accompaniment of Rudy and Paco