Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day One-30 in 30 challenge! "A is for Artist" 6"x6" collage and mixed media

A follower  on my blog suggested I do an alphabet - I loved the idea! I am finally getting around to it- thanks Julie White! I started this by collaging pieces from a discarded dictionary onto the panel, then painting over it. I thought more of the collage would show but it didn't seem to work out that way… I wasn't sure what I would do for A, the artist seems like a great way to start.
The challenge is online- Leslie Saeta has sponsored 4 of them so far - I really enjoy the challenge.
There are a ton of us doing it- you can see the other participants  here.

3 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great idea, Sally. I had a hard time choosing mine.

Pam Schoessow said...

Your alphabet theme is great. Look forward to seeing all the rest.

Patti Vincent said...

Perfect idea for the challenge!