Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lake memories and a busy weekend of home improvement!



This is a watercolor from September on serene Lake Watchic in Maine . My dear friend Tori has a beautiful old rustic camp/cottage on this lovely lake. She has done some large gorgeous acrylic paintings of the lake. I enjoyed being there and painting with her.

This past weekend we helped my husbands sister Chris in New Paltz, NY, build walls and hang insulation in her basement. There were 7 of us working - we removed the old paneling and strapping and got the whole room framed and insulation stapled up. I did some rigorous demolition and learned a lot about building walls ! Karen (below) Al's  sister, and I worked as a team. It was actually a lot of fun and I love how my husbands family helps each other out. Chris fed us well and we enjoyed fires out on the deck at night.  Below is Karen- she wouldn't take that tool belt off!
On Sunday I snuck away for a little
 hike. A short walk up the street from where we were there is an aqueduct that carries water to NYC from the Catskills. I followed it up to the mountain where is disappears underneath...I attempted to climb the little mountain but the path was a little hard to follow- I turned back not wanting to get lost ( and felt guilty not working! ) but it was so pretty there I had to get out of the basement for a bit!
This aqueduct. I wasn't really supposed to be there but apparently no one enforces that...
A pretty barn across the street- the colors were beautiful! New Paltz was packed. Leaf peepers everywhere!

The woods. Deer everywhere!



The views...





I love the fall. The light is so beautiful. Colorful gumdrop trees along the Mass Pike on the way home. Mmm. Now I want some apple pie...







No comments: