Sunday, April 29, 2018

Catching Up!

Wow its been two months exactly since my last post! I think March did a lot of us in- and April- but now the daffodils and tulips and trees are in bloom and our spirits are up!
here's a little overview of what I have been up to. Please forgive my uncropped photos.

I got into abstracts! Sold 4 of them which was encouraging. Heres a couple ....




I painted this after a lovely snowy woods walk last month. This got into the North River Arts Festival show - I'm excited!



This is a pastel I did in a workshop with Lucinda O'Connor. She is a fabulous artist and great teacher!


I painted this 12"x12" acrylic from a photo by artist and friend Jane Collins, it's of Ram Island, Maine.
 I paint at South Shore Art center in Cohasset onTuesdays- its a fun group.





Of course  a dog portrait or two were done...


I went to the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit in Salem- and this piece by TC Cannon was in the adjoining exhibit- loved that show! (even more than the O'Keefe actually)

                                   

Attended the Society of American Mosaic Artists conference in Boston-Here is a section of a pebble mosaic by Deb Aldo that is in a hospital in Worcester.


Been exploring sculpture in clay- learning the face...


Went to a wonderful house concert in Marshfield of the Dupont Brothers from Vermont
( thank you Patrice!)- did this sketch of them and gave it to them. They were so sweet!



Working on sea creatures for the North river Arts festival next month-
Lots more too but here is a smattering of what's happening.
I do appreciate you all reading my blog- I need to get back to it!
xoxo









2 comments:

Kristin Nicholas said...

You have been busy and productive Sally! I'm glad the winter is finally over too.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you are just a bubbling fountain of creativity.
Love all of this!