Thursday, August 16, 2012

Little bird 10"x10" acrylic

My youngest left this morning to go back to school at the college of Charleston.
She turns 21 at the end of the month. I am so proud of my baby-she worked hard this summer as a rehab assistant at Braintree Rehab and moonlighted as a waitress in Scituate harbor.
I know that is the absolute best to be able to set them free, yet my heart is heavy today. We have had the greatest summer.
I painted this for a little baby boy named Callum. I hope he likes it! His name translates to "little bird".

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I'm sure Callum loves this - or will when he gets older! I LOVE IT. Sorry, I just do! I love the joyous glitter of colors and the happy little bird. You are a good Mom and she is a good girl, and it's so hard to say goodbye - I can even get chocked up for the SMALLEST goodbye with my kids. I remember, as an adult with my children in the backseat, waving to my Dad as we drove away to our home, seeing a little tear twinkle in his eye, so... I don't think it ever ends.....