Saturday, June 21, 2014

Material defense

My last post about working on recycled bags brought me this thoughtful response from one my oldest and dearest friends and incredibly gifted artist -Carol Acquilano ...she works as an art preparator at the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester NY. She said...
"   Brown paper bags are so excellent for a sketch bag because of the color and and heavy weight. Just remember how acidic they are. After 50 years it will be so brittle. Your paintings are so excellent... I want you to use archival stuff. I've seen what happens to old paper! "
So I've decided to recycle in other ways and save my work for archival materials . Thanks Carol for this . Here is a book handmade by her and given to me a while ago. She used the Coptic technique. I'm filling it with paintings!

No comments: