Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Glorious Fall

Man oh man we are in a good stretch of weather- makes it hard to paint in the studio. I brought my little plein air set up down the the dock on Cove Creek yesterday, got all set up and discovered i had forgotten my white.
I had a black panel and decided to see how far i could go without the white- turned out to be a great thing actually- my colors stayed brighter. I caved after about an hour and had to get my white, and then painted a little more, then had to stop. I worked on it in my studio today from my ipad- the colors in the photo were not nearly as bright but I pretty much have it in my head. 

2 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

GREAT job! What a challenge. Nice end result for sure.....

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Oh, this is spectacular! I love starting with black, too! And I think, also, this could be an inspiration for a huge painting....:D