Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Gratitude #70

This is one that should be at the top of the list, but the ideas for these paintings at this point are sort of a free association for me, and what pops into my head in the early morning is what  I set out to paint that day. The source for this painting is from Time magazine- my friend Sue saw it and sent it to me.
To see a plane load of servicemen and women all in camouflage is a powerful image. They are truly our angels-  all the petty inconveniences we whine about are so insignificant compared the the sacrifices these guys are making.  They make it possible for us to go about our daily lives in complete security and freedom. I hope they are headed home on this airplane.
                        Ironically this was in my inbox this morning by the late great Norman Rockwell.

No comments: