Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gratitude #100!

I counted my paintings in my book. 100 today ! Somehow I messed up the numbering...
not surprising- math was never my strong suit.
My mothers mother, Mildred Brooks Chipman, was an artist and my inspiration. She went to the Vesper Gorge School in Boston to be a fashion illustrator.
When we lived in her old house in Norwell for a time growing up, she had a studio in the upstairs called the "crows nest" where she painted on trays and furniture. I can still smell the oil paint. I loved it up there.  She never stopped being creative.
My rendition of her drawing- from 1926 when she worked for Hoveys.


NEWS!
I am designing a POSTER of the first 100! Email me if you are interested in buying one- I don't know the price yet but will let you know. 
One of you who requests will win one!


3 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

OMG, I grew up inBoston and remember the Hovey's department store. These are going to be wonderful, Sally.

Fay Terry said...

The poster is a great idea, I would definitely like one!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Fabulous to have this artistic icon in your lineage. She'd be proud.