Friday, September 1, 2017

30 Trees in 30 days- #1- Alden Studio tree- 8"x10 " acrylic

Sleep was not in the cards for me last night- I was stressing about how I was going to fit in painting a tree a day. What was I thinking! I'm so busy!!!!
Also doubting the whole tree idea. I had to work today (ironically I spent the day painting a giant mural of- trees!- ) but during my lunch break at 12:00 I painted one of the many beautiful trees on the grounds of the Art Complex Museum. I spent maybe 30 minutes on this one. The whole idea of this challenge is to paint every day- even if it's a loose and messy painting and also learn how to approach trees. I always feel intimidated by them so I am embracing this. I'm sticking with an 8"x10" format for consistency. You can see mine with all others here on Leslie Saetas blog. I'm so glad she does these challenges- her blog talk radio podcast "Artists Helping Artists" is good to listen to too!