Saturday, September 30, 2017

Tree # 30! Done!


I treated myself to a Starbucks latte and breakfast sandwich on my way to this  spot in Couch Cemetery in Marshfield to paint my last 8"x10" canvas of the 30  tree project.
Cemeteries are great for trees and parking spots, and I usually leave out the headstones, but I didn't this time. Maybe because I am laying this project to rest.
It's been a wonderful experience and I will definitely be out painting a lot in October, but not as relentlessly! And it will be nice to explore some other subjects. I will be framing and tweaking all these and they will be for sale at Local Pottery in Norwell with an opening party November 3. I will be posting details! If you see one you want I will reserve. The prices are $150.  each.
What I learned:

Sometimes I can actually follow through with my commitments!
Even on grey, windy, rainy days I can paint en plein air- in my car!
I could find the time even on the busiest days.
I wasted little time finding the perfect spot to paint.
I tried acrylics and oils and got out my palette knife.
I enjoyed the responses and it helped me stay inspired.
I got over my not liking standard size format.
I liked using a limited palette at least to start the paintings.
I started to see the bigger shapes and left the details for later or never.
I have a rudimentary set up and it was just fine.
It was fun to see all 30 grow on my wall together!

Thank you Leslie Saeta for the challenge. I love that this is free and happens twice a year!

I will be posting all of them together once I create the image of that.

Thank you dear followers! Stay tuned- I will be painting a lot more!

No comments: