Tuesday, January 12, 2010

School visit and a little work on Catherine( work in progress 8"x10" oil on canvas-board


Today I visited the South River Elementary school in Marshfield and did a little talk about art with the kids there- I was alongside artists Kari O'Donnell, Jill Campobasso and Laura Harvey. We talked about about our work and showed examples ,
The kids were wonderful and asked a lot of good questions-"how long did it take?" " What if you can't think of anything" and my favorite "how old are you?"
Anyway it was fun.
I didn't get to paint today but I put a glaze over Catherine's face here.
It seemed to need some warmer tones.
I hope to finish this one up soon.

3 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You are my idol. But, really, how old ARE you?

Paula Villanova said...

During open Studios this year a cub scout troop came through and they asked if they could interview me. One of them, deadly serious asked, "so what's your favorite fruit?" Your painting of Catherine has your distinctive style.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Paula I LOVE this. So... what IS your favorite fruit? ;0