Monday, May 3, 2010

Flowers for Muzzy 8"x8' Oil on canvas

Last Friday I went to see my daughter Maddie in the Marshfield High school production of Thoroughly Modern Millie- and it was a joy from start to finish. These are the flowers I gave her after-
I was overwhelmed by the talent- all the cast members were incredible! And a fantastic live band! Of course MY OWN daughter was amazing( she was Muzzy- a lounge singer) but honestly every single member of the cast just rocked!  And the dancing! There were some older folks from town that just went as a night out- and they were saying how wonderful and happy it made them feel to see this caliber of youthful talent- and pure joy.
One lady said she wanted to come back every night! 
The play is May 6,7 and 8 at 7:00 at the Furnace Brook middle school auditorium  in Marshfield-go see it! These  kids have worked so hard- and the director has done a wonderful job-so if you are looking for something really really special to see for a mere $12 go see it-you will love it!
I'm not just trying to get more people in the audience- I just am spreading the word about raw talent- the kind that gives you tingles. These kids can SING!

5 comments:

Linda H said...

I can't wait to see it this weekend!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I am not surprised! This is a fabulous thing. I loved going to the shows when my kids were in high school. A lot of credit goes to the teachers who coach, encourage, and expose these kids to high levels of achievement. Good for Maddie! And, a lovely painting to boot!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Such a joy to see your kids in a theatrical performance. They do work hard. Love the flowers too.

Pat

Sally Dean said...

thanks so much you guys.

Anonymous said...

Your painting is a wonderful tribute to your daughter's big night.