Thursday, August 19, 2010

College of Charleston trip

I bet you are wondering where I've been!
My youngest is entering into the freshman class at the College of Charleston- we drove down on Tuesday- stopping first at Jane Filers beach house in Oak Island.
It was amazing for me to see her stuff in person- like the first visit I made to the MOMA.
Jane and her husband John are the warmest, friendliest and totally fun people I have met in a long time.
They fed us well and showered us with Southern hospitality. We painted a bit together out on her screen porch ) it was HOT!) and had a bike ride to the ocean and swam,. The water was HOT! Her work inspires me so much- and she let me play with all her colors.
She primed a panel for me and everything! I made kind of a mess but had a blast doing so.
I was just painting what popped out of the canvas- and responding to her piece here.

Here's jane 

We left there in the afternoon and made our way to the college- moving in was extremely chaotic -and it is hot and humid here! but now she's in her dorm.
She won't meet her 3 suite-mates till Saturdays- unfortunately we won't be here to meet them .

Gorgeous campus-
and here is our girl

Bye Mom- I'll miss you! ( ya right)

I will resume the blog when I return on Saturday. Getting close to 365!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you and Al officially empty nesters now?

You've done a good job with your girls!

Michele
xo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

She's beautiful, and she's doing the happy dance now... got to pick the best bed/desk in the room! You are amazing. I love the piece you did with Jane. You rock!

I can just hear you and Al singing "I Think We're Alone Now....."

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love the pix of yours and Jane's work. Her stuff is fantabulous!
Maddie will miss you.....

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Love both paintings..a LOT