Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday at the James Library- demo-in progress- acrylic on canvas- 20''x20''

I have a very special feeling about the James Library in Norwell, MA. When I was a child growing up in Norwell I remember visiting the children's library in the basement. Later, as a young mother, I spent one hour every week there while both of my girls took piano lessons upstairs in the beautiful Victorian room playing on the grand piano..
My own mom was a librarian there then, and my girls and  I really enjoyed that special time with her. I have had two shows in the gallery and have spent so many fun evenings there. I've participated in 3 Books in Bloom events and last night did a demo for their fall open house.
They have an amazing concert and literary venue. This library is a great place to visit and to find a good read.  A real gem- we are so fortunate to have this in our own back yard. I did this as a demo last night- it was so fun! Be sure to visit their trunk show on Saturday, December 4, 2010  9 a.m. - 3 p.m and see the beautiful artisans work as well as ornaments that artists will have hand painted (including me!) they will be all be  for sale.
I have a special feeling when I go into that building-so much history and personal connection.
I am not done with this painting - more to come!
It is based on a sketch I did from a book about shaker spirit drawings.

2 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

I LOVE your work and your creativity...thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

aw. The James adores you, too!