Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fairie Houses and my show is hung!


 Thursday I made fairie houses at the museum- my friend and yogini Linda Evans made the top one-its a Bahamian hideaway complete with rope swing, mine below is up on a rock for protect from flash floods!
Both are on display at the museum to advertise the free fairie house workshop we hare having on Sept 10 from 1:30-3:30. It is so fun to make these!
We hope to get a lot of them to display at our big opening later that month. E-mail me for more info.
Hung my paintings yesterday- I'm very pleased with the space at the Hingham Public Library.

4 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

That show looks fabulous. Love your bold use of color and the illustrative quality in your paintings.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I want to live in a fairy house! (I also believe in building upon a rock....)

I KNEW the 3 black frames in the middle would be stunning. Go Al! Can not WAIT to see it in person! - remind us all of the time via FB please?

Anonymous said...

Your exhibit looks amazing. What great lighting for your stunning pieces, too! Wishing you much luck!

Nancy Colella said...

The show looks great! Just beautiful! Can''t wait to see it. And those fairy houses? Well, priceless.....