Monday, August 15, 2011

new leaf

Today my husband took my youngest back to Charleston SC where she is returning as a sophomore at the College of Charleston. She is majoring in exercise science. I was inspired by her dedication to fitness this summer- she hit the gym at least every other day. She said it made her feel better and those endorphins helped her mood.
She has inspired me to get back to a fitness regime- and I actually started a blog about it- to inspire and keep me accountable. I used to run in my 20's and 30's, and have slacked off in my 40s and now 50's. I love yoga , but need more cardio as well.
I found a routine on line  here so today, Winnie and I did the beginning 20 minutes-walk run combo. The soft rain felt nice.
I do feel great now and am committed to this. It beats sitting around and feeling sad. Thanks Maddie!

I did this watercolor yesterday of my Mom's bouquet- loose and free- not stressing a bit about art right now...
And yesterday I was psyched to see my piece at the Pembroke Arts Festival.
The folks who run that show are the friendliest and nicest people.
Loved it and feel really honored to receive my award.
My boots have wings! Now to get that skinny again (LOL)

5 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Congrats on the award, Sally. Great piece.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You look perfect to me. And your boots DO have wings! Wishing you peace... and exercise does make you feel good... xoxo

Congratulations on your prize - you never mentioned it!!!!

Sally Dean said...

thanks you guys- I did mention it in my "tootling my own horn" post last week
hee hee

Anonymous said...

Lovely floral painting. I think you work well loose.

Good luck with the fitness thing. If it weren't for the fact that my dog is also my trainer I don't know if I'd get much exercise at all.

Artist/Painter said...

Oh, oh, OH I LOVE this, Sally, this piece is incredible! I am going to see what else I can find of yours here and you know what? I would love to see like 20 pieces for a solo show. Yep, you could manage that quite easily (yes you could!). I just LOVE your work Sally.