Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sack o' Sunflower Seeds 8" x 8" oil on panel


I love to feed my birds. I am about to fill my feeders.
I don't feed them in the summer- I am under the impression that birds eat bugs and plants in the summer and don't need seed- plus its pretty pricey!
I did find this 50 lb sack at Ocean State Job Lot for $19.99 . No millet or other filler that birds just throw aside- 100% black oil sunflower seed.
I think there is nothing cuter than a chickadee with snow on its tiny head!
Another simple pleasure of life...

4 comments:

Manon said...

The colors are wonderful in this painting!! Great work!

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how you call them "my" birds. I do the same!

I love my birds, I love your birds, I love all birds. :)

Michele
xoxo

Sally Dean said...

thank you thank you!! They are my birds! And when I clean my floor- its "my " floor!
(Right now its NOT my floor!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Wonderful - I love how you are taking 'flowers' all the way back to the seed! I don't know how fun the chickadee thinks the snow on the head is, though! ;) I know what you mean!