Wednesday, November 4, 2009

surprise inside 8" x 10" oil on panel

Who doesn't love a present? The anticipation is everything-as is the presentation.
What's inside is the lasting remembrance-not always living up to it's expectations...but hopefully just right.

I often find that painting something with the intention of giving it away to someone is much better than thinking about selling or competing. I have that person in mind and it fuels the creative act.
My husband didn't see flowers here.
Ha! Men.
They are there- in the wrapping paper-just budding.

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

'Got' the flowers! And I agree about who you paint for. I've seen a lot of gifts painted, but I really like this one the best.

Sally Dean said...

Thanks Kelley!

Joe Grabowski said...

I didn't see the flowers at first, either. Beautiful paintings, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sally, I love it!