Saturday, October 31, 2009

Senior Moment 12" x 12" oil on canvas


Last night Al and I went to the Marshfield/Falmouth football game at Marshfield High - and it was senior night.
I walked down the long aisle with all the other seniors and their Moms on the field between rows of football players and cheerleaders ,with my Maddie on my arm, and were given these flowers-it was indeed a moment. Now a memory...
I realize now how important the cheerleaders are- without them it would just be a game- but they bring excitement and emotion to the event-It was a very special evening. They sparkle!
They performed beautifully- as did the band and dance team.

Oh yeah- and the football team played great- we won! Of course- not being much of a sports fan I mostly watched the people and puppies and cute rams mascot high fiving it with the toddlers.... Anyway this is my rendition of the flowers- a little blurry-a few tears from my eyes obscuring my veiw, my youngest child already a senior. Ah, life.



2 comments:

Liz Haywood-Sullivan said...

I can't believe Maddie's a senior!...ah, time flies....enjoy, my friend...

Anonymous said...

I know someone who loves this..........any chance it's for sale? I'll talk to ya about it later.