Wednesday, October 28, 2009

soft light 8" x 8" oil on panel


I woke up to rain- lovely lovely rain. Perfect for studio painting. This one painted itself.
I didn't have any fresh flowers but I got this sweet lamp at our local consignment shop a few weeks ago and have wanted to paint it for a while.
I love lamplight. With real energy sucking lightbulbs.I have the "green" bulbs everywhere but I had to put one of the old school ones in this. My husband loves the overhead bright lights- I love the soft warm low lamplight. We compromise (well- I go around the house adjusting the light when I get home)  I put the letter in here as an homage to the handwritten letter-so rare these days, and special.

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This painting is simply beautiful and the composition is tight and spectacular! New to your blog. I love your work it is so fresh and creative!

Sally Dean said...

Thanks Linda! I really do appreciate your comment- keeps me painting!