Monday, December 14, 2009

Dance of the Flowers 8"x8" oil on panel


Saturday night I went with my daughter Maddie and her friend to see the South Shore Youth Ballet Company's production of the Nutcracker at Derby Academy in Hingham. Maddie's friend Brianna was the principle dancer in the Marzipan act- she was fantastic! It was an effort to get myself there-totally exhausted from the demo but I am so glad I went. The girls did an amazing job and it was a joy to watch.
Its easy to miss out on stuff this time of year-it's just so busy! Take the time to sit and watch something even if it's someone else's kids- this is what its all about. The tiny little girls from the audience in their fancy dresses dancing in the aisles during intermission was worth the price of admission- they were adorable and so excited! I just made this painting up-it was a lot of fun to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally - the is so sweet.

Michele

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Love it and it looks so perfect with the snow.... gotta run and get the cupcakes out of the oven!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love your vast repertoire of ideas and paintings!
It's beautiful.