Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hawaii Dreamin' 8"x8" oil on panel


In early spring I am hoping to visit my Dad and his wife Jan on the Big Island of Hawaii. They live on Maluhia Farm in Honakaa. Beautiful wool products from their large herd of sheep and lovely fresh eggs from their chickens are sold at the farmers market in nearby Wimea. Jan dyes, spins and knits wonderful woolen creations. My Dad is always busy with some project around the farm- he can build anything. I love to go to the farm and paint the sheep and flowers- it is so relaxing and peaceful there.
It's great to hang out with my Dad and his wife-
It takes me no time to slip into the Aloha mode. I am excited!


1 comment:

Linny D. Vine said...

I love this one, Sally! (And, it brings back WARM memories of a once upon a long while ago Xmas that I enjoyed on the big island - thank-you!)