Saturday, September 26, 2009

farmers market Sunflower 8" x 8" oil on panel


I bought this little sunflower at the Marshfield Farmers Market yesterday. it was sunny and brisk and as usual I saw lots of friends there. I love it-its another simple joy in my life. I only had the cash for one of these babies- and it is my first flower to buy for my daily painting.I was excited to get up today and paint it. Its on a black panel , which is why the outlines are so prominent-something I love to do. I know- Elvis paintings on velvet,but it's so gratifying.I think painting on black brings me back to being in school and getting to draw on the blackboard (when they were still black!) and getting praise from the teacher. I didn't get a lot of praise for my academic work so it must have been a shining moment for me....


4 comments:

nice said...

Lovely paintings of different flowers; well done.

Best,
Nice

krisbrennen said...

I also love working on black, one of my favorite surfaces is tar paper, it is firm and has a great surface to it.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Look at you, still at it!! Sunflowers are so great to paint, and yours looks monumental. Black is great to paint on, I love it. You rock! Go! Go!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Very Van Gogh! Love it!