Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mushroom love 6" x 6'' watercolor on paper


I belong to a cool painting challenge group- Girls just wanna paint! This months challenge was mushrooms so I wanted to get back to my "whimsical " side and did this at my kitchen counter.
I put flowers in it so it counts as a flower too.
I  struggled today in my landscape painting class- I had to wipe off my landscape it bummed me out too much!...but Sue Charles's lesson was to do a Diebenkorn style warm up  (end of post)  which was fun- and the only good painting for me. it was a beautiful day though so I washed my car to feel better about myself- LOL.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love the illustration, signature SDM one and the 'Diebenkorn' is FANTASTIC!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I will add the 'Mushroom Love' title to the Blog! I like both posts - working on abstracting..... Your mushroom painting ROCKS. Be who you are. It is beautiful.