Monday, September 14, 2009

rose of sharon 8"x8" oil on panel

We had a lovely late summer day today. 79 degrees and sunny-perfect!
I had the day off and enjoyed painting, crafting with my sister -in -law Kelly,walking the beach with my two dogs and neighbor Tori and running into tons of friends out there enjoying the perfect weather, made chili and corn bread, then out to the river to paint again.
Phew! I am tired and happy- more lovely days in the forcast ahead!
This is from a week ago, my paintings didn't get photographed today so I will post tomorrow. This rose of sharon blooms every August and September-always around my daughter Madeline's birthday- so we call it "rose of Madeline" around here!

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Love the 'Rose of Madeline'! Calls to mind Georgia O'Keefe!