Thursday, May 13, 2010

derby days

Each summer for the past 10 or so years I teach art at Summer Arts at Derby- a full arts day camp that takes place at Derby Academy in Hingham. It is truly a highlight of my year- I love it. There is the full gamut of things for kids to do- from theater and music to visual arts, cooking,dance, sports,writing, sewing, photography, animation, circus arts, chess-and always some new and fun offerings. I love the artists that teach there-as well as the kids! 
Every day after lunch the kids and staff perform for each other - its very exciting- the talent is unbelievable! My own kids grew up in the program and both became counselors
-it was one of the positive experiences that changed their lives.
The kids are so supportive of each other and everyone shines. 
There's still room to sign up- tell your friends who are looking for something for their kids to do this summer for the 5 weeks in July- this is a very special place for all kids who love art from age 7- 15.


This was Mystic Bowie performing for us- we had a blast that day!

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

If I could have afforded it I would definitely done this for my kids. It is a fantastic program!