Sunday, June 12, 2011

Party Girls - WIP 30"x30'' acrylic on canvas and my ballerina Niece


I went to a friends 60th birthday the other night (FUN!) and snapped some VERY blurry pictures with my phone. I sketched from them, and memory, and came up with this. I didn't prime the white canvas like I usually do- used brown and red chalk to draw- painted the lines over with acrylic-and when I erased the chalk it made a soft tone over the surface.
I am thinking of maybe leaving it looking like this... but need to get the surfaces more finished somehow.
I have been wanting to paint something like this for a long time- its fun to have interactions of things and people going on.

My beautiful niece Kellie was in her dance recital yesterday- she danced so well and with such grace- it was a joy to watch! She is a natural dancer.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

she's a beauty.
I like looking at the progress of the painting. Missed you yesterday.