Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LOVE-8"x8" acrylic on panel

I have been working on a portrait of my niece Kellie all week hoping to submit it to the Girls Just Wanna Paint challenge... but I overworked it to death.I kept fiddling knowing all the while it was doomed.
I should have known not to attempt a painting from a smiling photo. My beautiful niece looked like the Riddler from Batman!
So I painted this today- inspired by a children's book.
I propped it on the table and looked at while we the dinner- and we were eating lamb.
OOPS
see all the girls LOVE paintings here.

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Auuuugggh! How can you eat lamb? OK,
OK, I'm over that.... I love the painting, with the lion laying down with the lamb (and not eating it, hint hint).
Don't worry about the smiling photo - do it again very loosely, with the photo upside down, humming to yourself and thinking "I'm going to paint this three times - and maybe wipe all three... tra la.." and you'll be freed from the 'smiling richter' syndrome...