Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crafty Girls 12"x12" acrylic on canvas

This is from a photo of my two daughters and niece in Onset this past month doing crafts on the porch. It is always my favorite part of vacations- doing projects together.
A rare moment without a phone in sight...
I've been fiddling on this a bit too long -as I look at it here I still see more stuff to do to it- but I like the abstract design of it.. and I took lots of liberties with the color. I think its hard for me not want  to make them look like who they are....

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Your niece looks like you in the photo and in the painting.
I really like your style of painting.

Maureen Brookfield said...

I really love this painting.... it's hard to have a design across the canvas like this... but you made it work!

Maureen Brookfield said...

OOpps! This comment was supposed to be on Mary Winn's blog.... sorry Sally:)

Your blog comment should re: Great composition... and I love the colours!!!