Friday, May 16, 2014

My sketchbook from the road trip to Charleston

We drove down to see my daughter Maddie graduate ( cum laude! proud mama- can't help myself) from the College of Charleston. What a gorgeous place to go to school. She will always hold Charleston dear in her heart- just as my Mother did- she lived there as a little girl for a short time...
Did this in the car - obviously Al did the driving! I used watercolor pencils first, then wet the paper.
That is Charlotte in the background.

This was our view from where we stayed in  the lovely Kiawah villa.  40 minutes from the city- but oh so worth the drive. 

I took my bike to the beach- so serene.


Interior of the living room.

somewhere along the road.

ahhhhhh…...

the beautiful marshes...



live oaks- so pretty. The moss hanging on the branches is so classic- not on these but most everywhere else...
Markie and I did this together on our last (sigh) evening.
this was the view framed by one of the screen porch windows…
It was a total blast !
One last photo of my girls...

No comments: