Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer memories

This is a watercolor - about 12"x16".  It's based on my wonderful recent trip to Lake George.
 know- summer is still here- but I have that Sunday night feeling-and not quite sure what to do with myself…
This summer has been amazing weather- not too hot- sunny days. My flower garden has never been better!
Things are winding down pretty fast, the days are cooler and the nights are getting longer. My daughter Markie was here for a week and returns to New York today :(
However - we are  coming into a new season soon- and we can be reborn again, into the fall, filled with richness and new beginnings. Some people around here get sad this time of year and dread the winter, and it can be contagious. I love winter though- its a quiet soulful time and being inside painting is my favorite thing to do. It all keeps moving- round and round….
Happy last days of August everyone.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's beautiful! I agree with your post!