Thursday, April 22, 2010

eeesh!

I am struggling. All the spring flowers around me are incredibly beautiful - it's overwhelming me- I don't even know where to start. I want to drink them all up!
Yet, bringing them inside seems odd. Putting a light on them seems artificial.
I looked forward to spring all year, and now it's here and I am feeling stuck-  it's so beautiful outside- I just want to BE, not paint, not create, just be.
I think I will paint outside for a while- as hard as that can be.
 I have lots of commission stuff piling up and I need to tackle it. Yet- I am still going to do my daily flower. I made a commitment. If I think of it as a meditation, then it doesn't  really matter what the product is. It's just taking the time to sit quietly with a flower. So that's what it is going to be. I need to shut the judgemental voice in my head OFF.
I hope I am not lamenting too much here- just keeping it real.
The creative process is a journey and sometimes the road doesn't take me where I think it should go.....
Here's my  daily painting of a quince blossom.

6 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

I'm really impressed with your ability to identify your feelings about bringing these beauties inside and putting light on them to paint them. That can be (and you have been) doing that successfully but now the stakes are different, the seasons are changing and you are responding to that (?) Your paintings are about more than representing flowers, I think. You are also appreciating their fleeting and individual beauty...not an easy thing to capture or convey in the way they deserve!

Paintings by Patricia said...

I love this, Sally. Everything about it, color composition and the beauty of spring.

Anonymous said...

You're too hard on yourself, Sally. Did you, or did you not, start this blog for yourself? Paint and enjoy and be. Don't worry about us. I think all your work is lovely.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Michelle says and remember that meditation should ultimately bring you peace.

Personally, I enjoy all your paintings; flowers or not!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Don't fret. It's all good ;)
Enjoy the beautiful weather.
XOXo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Lament away, girlfriend. And paint whatever moves you. You said you had commissions - THAT is the hard stuff. This blog - let your joy show!