Monday, September 21, 2009

fish pond 12" x 12" oil on canvas


Today I didn't get to paint till this afternoon- It was my day off from work but I had too many chores to do- studio a mess, house is torn apart due to my daughters bedroom floor being re-finished- kitchen was not good-eeeesh. And I'm not even talking about the laundry...It's hard to go out and paint while so much needs to be done- yet- I can't NOT paint now can I?
Also- it is glorious out today and the beach had to be walked. SO- I finally got out there after lunch and a teeny nap and attempted this one- I have a lovely fish pond that I made in may back yard- its a joy ...and soon will be put to bed for winter . I have tried to paint this before and never have been happy with the results. I gave up with realism and got REALLY thick with the paint- ended up having a blast.
I thought of a teacher I had  a couple of years ago, Abby Zonies, who inspired me with her juicy thick florals.


Here is Winnie at my pond-she will never catch that damn frog!

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

BEautiful, whimsical.... captures the feeling of your pond. Winnie! you GO girl!

Anonymous said...

I love Winnie. -- Michele