Tuesday, September 22, 2009

garden nasturtiums, 12" x 12 " oil on canvas


Today was a warm but foggy day. I went to my painting class and did a field scene-it was so fun and there are a lot of great artists in my class. The fall colors are just beginning to appear. When I returned home I felt the pressure of needing to get some chores done in the garden, and I hadn't done my flower painting so I did both at the same time.

I like to  do things in a circular fashion, not linear like some people ( my husband!)
Here's my set up.. I didn't show the unfinished garden work...

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Sal ... could you talk a little about your process? Your plein air farm scene looks quite different from your nasturtiums .... Did you tone the canvas? Draw with a dark paint? Layer? It is oil, huh? I would love to know how you achiever the clarity you did. Thanks for sharing your set up, too!