Friday, November 13, 2009

figure study 12" x 12" oil on canvas

This is the first figure painting i have done in years! I found it to be a huge challenge-especially in the color of the skin. She is a beautiful young girl but looks older here than in reality. Karl Nestleberger runs the figure drop in session at the North River Arts Society on Thursdays- is really a great thing to go. I need to go more! The music is fantastic and he lights it perfectly.

I want sure if I wanted to put her tattoo in but I did- and its a flower!(and a skull)
There is a lot of glare in the lower right side of the photo-but here it is.

The other people are a lot of fun and we celebrated after class at the new Tinker's Son Irish pub in Norwell. Beautiful live music by local talent Sam Chase. It was fun! I'm too old to be out this late... Thank goodness I have this painting to post - (I have to work today and am a leeetle bit tired!)
We are so fortunate here to have several drop in figure sessions 3 or 4 times a week in this area.

1 comment:

Paula Villanova said...

Hey Sally, can anyone drop in whose a member?