Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"For Kate" 8" x 8" oil on canvas



Old friends are precious -Kate is one of my oldest friends( not that she's OLD!) she and I were in the same kindergarten class and were friends all the way through graduation.
She's from a huge wonderful family and I spent many an afternoon hanging out at her grand old home on Main street.
All my friends loved going to the Lyons home- Mrs Lyons was like all of our mothers, always quick to hug and always something good to eat- always sharing with others even with her large family to feed.. She would lay the line too-and was an important role model for many. Kate and I reconnected later in life, after being busy with marriage and kids and homes- and we  both have pursued careers in the arts. Kate works tirelessly . She runs classes and her shop and tends bar at Bellas in Randolph- she's never one to sit around.I always thought she was the BEST artist- and I can truly say that she was one of the reasons why I became an artist.(a lofty term to call myself but fits the best)
Kate has just come through a very difficult operation on her brain.
I know her strength and tenacity will carry her through this, also with the love and support of her family and firnds.
We all love Kate-and look forward to seeing her back at the pottery wheel, the easel, the bar and in our lives, cracking us up, just being our Kate.
Stay strong dear Kate.
This green mug is one I bought from her only a couple of weeks ago- before all this happened. I love it- its shape and color is luscious.
It serves me well.
I encourage all of you to go to Norwell Clayworks and buy her beautiful pottery- as it will help her and her family.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

remember Chris Corbett, Who completely recovered from brain cancer. I will go send Kate a message of love and healing.