Monday, February 15, 2010

amaryllis and cardinal 12" x 12" oil on panel

I was inspired today by Byron Gin who I found by looking at an artist who I love's site, then seeing what galleries she's in, googling that gallery and then clicking on the artists in the gallery.
It's a great way to find stuff I like!
I tried not to shamelessly steal but this is heavily "borrowed" from one of his bird paintings. It has acrylic underneath the oil to pop through .
I used a pallet knife quite a bit here. It's fun to try on different styles now and then.

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

It's good to try different things, and great to give credit when you do! This is awfully fun. I think I would like painting like this, but might get tired it, like a lot of 'styles' I see. *sigh* I guess who we are eventually 'comes though', but sometimes... isn't it a long wait?

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's good to try on other styles. Kelley is right, that your own style emerges on its own. Great dedication here, Sally.
That's what truly gets you there.

bryson said...

Good stuff here, Sally. Kudos for trying a new style; this is much more graphic-design oriented than your usual work. The cardinal really plays off the amaryllis red. Nice!

My amaryllis is finally blooming - gorgeous. XO Bryson

Sally Dean said...

thanks for your comments!
I tried on the style, liked it, and then changed into another outfit- one that more comfy and me!