Saturday, July 31, 2010

finishing School -Wildflowers and mosaic



I finished up at camp today (tears and relief) and after a fun afternoon of strolling around Hingham square at the sidewalk sale (the weather is glorious today!) and seeing friends and artists at work I came home and finished up my weed panel. My brother pointed out that wildflowers were really a nicer way to refer to them - he is so right. Weeds are just flowers in the wrong place.
I didn't plan the orientation of how they would be on the panel- it was spontaneous and somewhat accidental- so it is what it is!
And here is the installed mosaic in the lobby of Derby Academy -it looks great in it's new home. This makes the number of mosaics I've put  there up to 8!
I am always happy to leave behind the summer group mosaics and hope the students who return in the fall enjoy the new installations.
It feels so great to finish stuff!

4 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great finish to the weed panel. How nice it must be to see all those mosaic installations year after year.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love the mosaic - I love to see the myriad of ways you incorporate art (and this blog) in your life. Yours is one of my TOP favorite blogs, thank you so much!

Sally Dean said...

thanks so much to you both!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Sally, you are the most creative and talented person I know. I think you ROCK!!!