Wednesday, July 21, 2010

super hero day and my foamie doorhanger

  • I am pushing it here posting this- but it IS a flower and I WAS at camp and my time is SO smooshed up- I love being at this arts camp and soaking up the talents of all those around me.

I played with 7 year olds today making these fun foam doorknob hangers. I love listening to the boys when they were designing theirs- they were all like "keep out!" and NO SISTERS!" and of course, the inevitable bathroom talk. Oh how I love these kids....
Today was "Superhero day"


 Okay, this one was a bit disturbing..
Here is a mosaic I did with the kids a few years ago. It's in the lobby of Derby Academy.

3 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

This mosaic is beautiful. It must feel great to know your art is installed in a place with people viewing it daily. I'll have to see if I can check it out one of these days...

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I LOVE YOUR MOSAICS!!!!!
Kelley and I met a friend of yours from Derby named Woody. She loves your work too!
You must be toast...... miss you.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Had to come back and tell you that my little boys had to be put in 'Solitary' and make their own beds because they wouldn't quit the toilet talk they're learning at camp ;)
Also, the 5 year old got 'pantsed' which means one of the six year olds pulled his pants down. Oy Vay.