Thursday, September 16, 2010

#355 "wedding suitcase " acrylic on found cardboard

My sisters wedding is this Sunday and I am the matron ( ooh that word!) of honor. The bride requested a box for the cards to go into at the reception. I was going to collage it.  I found a cardboard suitcase that was bright purple with Tinkerbell on it at my favorite store- the dump! I decided to paint it to look like a vintage suitcase. They are honeymooning in Italy, hence the faux Italian stickers. It was fun! Okay, no flowers, but my hydrangeas are in the background of the picture. CHEAT!

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

It's Ok to be a 'cheeta' sometimes! What a great and creative idea! I'm glad WE're sista's, too!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

fabulous!! and SO Sally Dean!!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great idea, Sally and have a great weddding.

Paula Villanova said...

So wonderfully creative, you little matron you...