Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sue's Two day Walk

 I am donating this painting done last year- early on in my 365 flower project- to be auctioned off on April 9.  My dear friend Sue Sheehan and her daughter Lauren are participating in the Avon two day walk for cancer and she is hosting a fundraiser at the North Community Church in Marshfield Hills- "Cosmos for a Cure"
There will be awesome baskets in the raffle, and several silent auction items and Cosmos! Click here to read Sue's story... I will be there and hope to see you there too!



This painting was inspired by Rachel Joy Scott's words- she was the first student shot at the Columbine massacre. She wrote this in her journal
"Don't let your character change with your environment.
Find out who you are and stay that color."


1 comment:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Beautiful, Sally and a great cause. One of my daughters does the Avon walk every year in DC.