Monday, May 23, 2011

tea time with watermelon 30"x30" acrylic on canvas

No more weather talk.
This is what I felt like painting today- was planning on painting elephants but I find that when I plan to do something I usually change direction. Hmmm. Part one- hope to finish this tomorrow.
I love tea and found this lovely painted teapot  from Portugal at a thrift store. Tea helps me out when I hit the "wall" at around 2 PM.

I specifically looked for a watermelon with black seeds to paint.
What's up with the seedless watermelon?
Guess I'l have to make them up!

Last but not least another quote for today.....

"Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace? Yes. Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not." 
 Eckhart Tolle

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

:D no more weather talk....is funny. How 'bout that kickin' thunder, lightening down pour last night?
I love this whole thing. It glows

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Well, I'm 'happy' whether I've got 'inner peace' or not..... usually!

I love this composition, and tea, yeah, tea will do that for you!

OK... it's 3 p.m. and so FAR we've had (in this order): rain, overcast skies, wind, then sun - real sun... HOT sun... then... where'd it go? overcast... now FOG! I think God is just trying to make me crazy....

I got SUCH excellent watermelon this week at the Fruit Center.. not such a drive for you...