Saturday, May 21, 2011

Student Outdoor Sculpture (SOS) at the Art Complex

This is a show I curate each spring where I work at the Art Complex in Duxbury.
I love seeing what the high school kids come up with.  Come see the show!
We are having a big opening tomorrow-Sunday, 5/22, from 1:30-3:30. Also on display is a beautiful collection of artists work who have shown there over the past 40 years, as well as Dorothy Krause's exhibit of amazing lenticular images- you have to see these to believe them!

                                           All week these pieces have been appearing on the grounds...
                                                     Sacred Heart High School's"Dial a Style"


                                                      installation of "Monkey Business"

                            "Cheetah" coming out of the South Shore
                                Charters Schools's "Veggie Van"

"Aquarium"

"Who Killed Humpty Dumpty"

The students will walk around and talk about their pieces to the public at 2:30 PM-  4 schools- 31 pieces in all. Hope to see you- and I am told the sun might make an appearance- although we are there , rain or shine and I hope  you have the time!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I so enjoyed seeing this exhibit on a SUNNY Saturday with you. I just love what these kids came up with.
You are awesome!