Monday, January 21, 2013

Gratitude #20

We love our power- I hope they can make a go of this source of power- the wind. The turbine near me on the edge of the marsh in Scituate has been very controversial and is jeopardizing the health of a family nearby, and is creating noise and light strobe effects  that is seriously altering peoples lives. I feel for them .
I like the tower but this is a case of too big in the wrong place. Hopefully they can make it work for everyone ...

               What a weekend! Winnie's shirt and the fab guacamole made watching the game festive- 
we wished for better results but being non-attached means not having an outcome be the source of your happiness.....

"Enjoy everything that happens in your life, but never make your happiness or success dependent on an attachment to any person, place or thing."
                  
Wayne Dyer
American author and motivational speaker






               I had to gesso these canvases black so I tried on being Robert  Motherwell...


This linen canvas below was given to me by Jan Shwartz in Duxbury- I love the surface and there was a sun on the canvas already with pencil.


 These 4  6"x6" mixed media collaged cupcakes below are headed to the James Library's Chocolate Auction Feb. 8

And here is an ink sketch cartoon and oil portrait of my dear stepdad Rollin Bailey ( passed in '07) ( on the linen ) day 2.

Been super busy!
Yay winter- keeps me in. Snow is coming!


1 comment:

Jody Regan said...

Sally, I am loving this gratitude series.. beautiful work, and ditto about the wind turbine.