Friday, February 21, 2014

"Bailey" and I'm a proud teacher today!





Bailey belongs to my friend Marie- she is the best. Her shop Native brings a lot of life to these parts -- anyone who enters her store is greeted with a genuine "how ya doing!" and the chairs at her counter are often filled with people chatting and laughing and just hanging out. And-of course- shopping for the best stuff!  I am so lucky to know her and have  Marie in my life!


Below are pictures my student- the young and beautiful Sarah McDonough- texted me of her sunflower painting and her  new attic art studio. She is so talented! I am so happy she has created this cozy retreat in her home - she has two very young boys and this will provide the sanity young mothers need  - and all her paintings are gorgeous! 


5 comments:

Cris K said...

Sally- each one of your pet portraits holds a special zing. First was periwinkle, then teal and now this. There is so much to love about Bailey!

You really do inspire me.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I am smiling after seeing your painting of Bailey. It is done sop well and makes me happy

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

ooops - not sop well - SO well

Sally Dean said...

Thank you so much!

Sally Dean said...

I'm glad Julie and thanks!