Saturday, July 30, 2016

Derby Summer Arts 2016

Another fun DSA summer already done! My 18th!
I love working at this camp- seeing kids happy and doing what they love makes my year- why I keep coming back! Above are the juniors performing..
.


Shawn Verrier- the funniest nugget ever- MC's the noontime show. Brooke Stantion dresses him up. I belly laugh every single day. He is amazing and I love him! He lives in NYC and works at the Drama Bookshop during the year- we get him for the summer- we are so lucky.




Face painting


A few grouted pieces...

We had some kids visit from China for 4 days- 
They had fun!


stained glass mosaic window

goofy girls

Isabela- love this one!

saw a lot of Pokeman stuff this year!

And fairy houses- always a favorite...


Isabela is the fairy queen- the detail in her houses are amazing...



This girl took hers home last summer- brought it back this summer and finished it!

Make way for ducklings- Anthony worked on this one for the 5 weeks.Great detail!


Our group project- elephant for the outside wall of the lower school!

Thalia Mc Million and me. She is the queen-and the director of Derby  Summer Arts.  Truly the whole reason why this place works. She is unbelievably patient, positive, generous and absolutely wonderful. LOVE her!

No comments: