Friday, March 23, 2012

Thursday

Dad had errands in Hilo so we left the house at 9.
It's about an hour south of here.
This is Rainbow Falls, (my iphone didn't capture the rainbow but it was there) ( and a few tourists!
                           This is at the farmers market in Hilo- Pacific lobsters (no claws)
Arthur Johnsen- cool painter. He puts a lot of textures on the canvas before he paints.

This is outside the gallery.

                 I liked how this looked (below). Could be an interesting painting maybe!

 More scenes from the market.




 Below- this is the banyan tree at the bus stop
 Stopped at a diner on the way home for coffee. 50's style. Fun.
 My paintings, taken in low light so they are more than a little blurry...
 these lambs were posing so sweetly for me!

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thank you for taking me to Hawaii through your photos and paintings! My favorite is the little lambs... darling! Enjoy your time with your Dad...

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh Man.
I've been to Hilo. Drove there from Waikoloa and remember it well. There was a little park on the left as we were facing the ocean and the block of stores was on the right.
In the park there was a little red Japanese style bridge over a lagoon.
Very beautiful.
Also, this is the rainy side of the island if I recall. Waikoloa was all lava and dry fields.
I'm thrilled for you Miss SDM!