Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chickens in the Garden 8"x8" oil on canvas

Here's one I did early on -still unfinished- I feel as if everything is unfinished.
As I ooze more and more into the Aloha mode I see a danger in my productivity-I'm 
getting too relaxed! Hmmm. Maybe I should just BE ON VACATION! Tomorrow  I am going to see lots and lots of tropical fish through a mask and snorkel- I can't wait.
The first time I saw that it blew me away-and felt unreal. It never gets old.

This is the sweetest chicken tractor I ever saw- it is Jan's friends Katherines- she built it from scraps.

Heres Katherine's house.... ( rainbow-hard to see) This is up mauka ( mountain) from the farm. Lovely- and windy! Katherine spins wool too- she has sheep and chickens and grows lots of coffee. I would need lots of coffee too shear sheep. I am not up for that again ANY TIME SOON lemme tell ya!


Meet Roxie, she wandered on to the farm 4 years ago- a baby- she's a poi dog ( hawaiian for mutt) and it was love at first sight. They tried to find her owner, but no one claimed her. She is truly a character and lot of fun. I think she might fit in my carry- on.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The painting doesn't look unfinished to me. It looks like a charming illustration from a fairy tale. I LOVE it!

Linny D. Vine said...

I love this one, Sally!(Finished or not...)