Thursday, April 15, 2010

Volcanos and very sad family

Smoke and ash billows from a volcano in Eyjafjallajokull, Iceland
This is the Icelandic volcano.
I don't think we were supposed to fly through this tonight....so we are not. I spent most of the day being sad and my husband spent all day on the computer and phone trying to get us to our oldest  daughter in London. No such luck and we've come to grips that this was not meant to be. Ahhh -life.
I had to go to Hingham this afternoon to do an errand and popped into the new "Fresh Market" to see what it was like- and a very nice woman from Ohio named Julia gave me this red flower.


I almost hugged her and of course told her my sad saga- she was very sweet. So , we are going to figure out a new plan- and it will be ok, a huge disappointment for sure, but with these volcanic lemons we are making lemonade! ( I think I will add some vodka to mine thank you!)

8 comments:

Boston Baked Beads said...

Oh no! How disappointing! I hope everything works out.

Paula Villanova said...

Truly disappointing...is your daughter seeing any effects from the volcano? Or is she far enough away?

Sally Dean said...

Not sure about her seeing ash- I think its far up in the air...
We are actually happy to be home now... better than crashing in the Atlantic or being stuck at an airport...I do miss my daughter but she is home in 3 weeks anyway! I think we will go to Mexico.

Anonymous said...

I have another friend who was supposed to leave for Germany to see her husband that is stationed there and her flight was also cancelled. Such a disappointment for you both.

Looking on the bright side, you can always join us on our vacation to the Hanover Mall. Plenty of room and we'd love to have you. :)

I hope you have a lovely vacation (ah, wait a minute, didn't you just get back from vacation?? Hmmm.)where ever you decide to go.

Love,
Michele

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Yeah, it sucks. BUT my mom always used to say "You can't see the hand of God" showing you the way. You were not meant to go to Europe this week. You will have a happy time vacationing with both daughters after the younger one graduates in May/June! Sorry for you, babe.

Sally Dean said...

yup that hand of god! Or pele the volcano goddess!
Alls well that ends well.

Paintings by Patricia said...

Oh, how sad. Hope something works out. The vodka sounds good.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

:::pouring a shot into SDM's Lemonade:::
There now, doesn't everything look brighter?
Love Al in his shorts ;)